Monday, April 23, 2012

Things to do around the Albany Area in July.

My husband is deployed and will be coming here for leave in July. I was just wondering if anyone could give me ideas of places to go or things to do around or in the area. I%26#39;m pregnant and going to be giving birth anytime he%26#39;s here so things that aren%26#39;t to far would be great incase I go into labor. Farthest I%26#39;d probably go is 1-2 hours. I don%26#39;t really know anything to do and i%26#39;d like to actually make it so we%26#39;d enjoy ourselves and not sit around all day wasting what little time we have together.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Things to do around the Albany Area in July.

Restaurant and hotel suggestions would be great too! :]

Thanks

Things to do around the Albany Area in July.

I would consider Saratoga Springs and Lake George for day trips. I think for a bit of peace and quiet the Bachelor Mansion in Saratoga (pricey because the ballet will be at SPAC in July) or the Boathouse B+B in Bolton Landing (pricey, beautiful view). You could easily do either place just for the day or evening, though. HTH.


If you are here when the track is open go to Saratoga, that%26#39;s what we all do.


You have Saratoga and all it comes with - horse racing, polo, the NYC ballet and Philadelphia Philarmonic at SPAC. To the east - Tanglewood and the Berkshires (Clark Art Gallery, MOMA, etc).

To the south - try Mohonk Mountain House, or the CIA.

In Albany, the outdoor conerts downtown (Washington park and also on the river) can be fun.

  • What name should I give my dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment