Thursday, April 26, 2012

Off to New York in a few days!!!

Well I know I am leaving it late to post this but we are off to New York next week and starting to panic. There will be 14 of us going, flying from Stansted and then staying at The Belvedere for 4 nights. Transfers booked from JFK each way so really there should be nothing else to worry about! This will be my 3rd time going so have a good idea of where everything is and what we want to do.

4 of us have been before, where as the other 10 have only been to Florida so we will be the tour guides for the 5 days!

We (my family of 4) have already done all the main tourist sites on our first visits but I think we will be doing them all again as we will be showing our friends around (and of course we want to see them all again anyway)!

I would like to spend some more time in Greenwich Village as we only made a quick stop before. I think we will be using a similar itinerary to what we used before as that seemed to work quite well.

I will let you all know how the trip goes!

Off to New York in a few days!!!

Have a great time Jack. Are all 14 of you going to be visiting sites together? That sounds like a logistical nightmare to me! I think people would be very interested in finding out how you cope getting tables at restaurants etc.

I%26#39;m assuming you%26#39;re going American - did you get a good price in the end?

Off to New York in a few days!!!

Hi,

Yes we are flying American Airlines from STN, we paid 拢222 each including all taxes and charges. It was much cheaper than flying BA, VS, CO or DL from LHR or LGW, and Stansted is only a 15 minute drive from our house.

We will try our best to get tables together, it will be interesting, if not no worries.

Just trying to think of anything we haven%26#39;t thought of. As long as I get to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan I will be happy!


I agree 14 people in restaurants is going to be a challenge. Remember menupages.com You might even invest in a Zagat guide to carry around so you can phone ahead.

Here%26#39;s an old but i think good post on Greenwich Village.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k273644-鈥?/a>

Have fun.


拢222? Wow, good price! I%26#39;m going to New York next week too (though there%26#39;ll only be two of us)- yay! Hope it all goes well for you.


Well, after 5 long days we are back from NYC! Will write a trip report later when I am not too tired! To sum it up, we had a great time. The flights from Stansted with AA were great, landing over an hour early! The hotel was in a very good location. Just a couple of minutes to Times Square. Apart from one day of monsoon rain we had clear blue skies every day. Well I will write more later. Time to catch up on some sleep!


Jack.............wake up, I want to hear more!!!!! Seriously will be very interested to hear about your visit to Greenwich Village - we are heading back for our 3rd visit later in the year and we intend to spend some time exploring down that area, so can%26#39;t wait to hear more...........

C

  • get time from datetime
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment