Thursday, April 26, 2012

Home Trade

I%26#39;ve been reading the information regarding apartment ';rentals'; in NYC and the advice to stick to hotels.





We will be in NYC for a week in early Nov. We have a home in Sanibel, Florida, a prime vacation spot. Would there be any problems with considering a home swap instead? Has anyone done this type of thing? It would be a first for us, but I%26#39;ve been researching this for quite a while. I%26#39;d appreciate any advice or feedback. Thanks!



Home Trade


Afraid I haven%26#39;t, but there was a thread recently by a poster who was looking to swap (Montreal-NY), and she might be able to tell you more:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1798243鈥?/a>



Home Trade


I%26#39;ve never done it but many on other forums I frequent have. Best advice I%26#39;ve read is pick another family that%26#39;s similar to you (ie similar age and family makeup) as their apt/home will be more likely to suit your needs. Not sure if that would be as relevant for a NYC/Sanibel switch, but good to keep in mind. I assume you know there are websites designed specially for house swapping?





Here are 2 links to threads on Fodors with some thoughts. At the end of the first thread it mentions a website that%26#39;s been set up to rate and review the various exchange clubs.





fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp鈥?/a>





fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp鈥?/a>





It%26#39;s also possible just to post on Craigslist but I%26#39;d think for a first time swap, you%26#39;d want to deal with someone who%26#39;s done this before.


  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment