Thursday, April 26, 2012

mercer kitchen or kittichai

Hi all, any thoghts on which restaurant i should try, looking for a hip restaurant with good atmosphere and cool clientele in soho neighbourhood, before and after meal we will be wanting drinks so which or has both got cool surrounding bars. Even if you have an alternative restaurant please feel free to share..........THANKS EVERYONE



mercer kitchen or kittichai


Does FOOD enter your equation or do you just want to be surrounded by %26#39;cool%26#39; people, whatever that means.



Both of these places would fit the mold as %26#39;cool and hip%26#39; I read a review that MC would be one of those places that the $ex and the City'; crowd would patronize...and after reading the reviews, one on kittichai which I%26#39;ve included here, my choice would be Mercer Kitchen as the lesser of two evils.....





Kittichai:



Posted by Pete on 02/23/2008



Too hip for me...........



Too trendy...too hip. I might even say this place is on the verge of being a bit pretentious. Small portions, few menu choices and over priced. With so many really good Thai restaurants in Manhattan, this would be the last place I would go back to. Cool looking room but that%26#39;s about it for my taste.





So, check out the reviews on menupages.com and decide for yourself - for my taste, after perusing the menus, I would probably not head for either of these places, I like food that covers at least half of my plate and I do not care to pay for so-called trendy ambience. Bon appetit!











mercer kitchen or kittichai


I love the decor at Kittichai but the bar area is pretty small. I dont think the food portions are small and the food is tasty. Mercer Kitchen is also cool (I%26#39;ve had brunch there before) and everything we ate was good. A couple other suggestions for drinks in soho are:





Merc Bar on Mercer Street (right up the street from Mercer Kitchen).





60 Thompson Hotel (where Kittichai is). Just go up the stairs to the lobby of the hotel. The bar is cool and has a dj and the lobby area is also a bar lounge and sometimes easier to get a seat there.





Fr.Og on Spring between Broadway %26amp; Crosby. Very cool interior but a little more laid back than the above places in Soho. Good food too!




If you%26#39;re still looking for the newest, hottest, coolest restaurant, neither of these would come anywhere close. They%26#39;re both popular with the SATC crowd because the last time these places were considered hotspots was when that show was still on the air.





If you%26#39;re looking to impress your friends with your hothothot taste, you%26#39;re going to have to leave Soho. If you%26#39;re looking for a decent restaurant without all of this silliness, try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment