Friday, April 27, 2012

Triple Rooms

Hi

I%26#39;m planning a trip to New York around the end of November with my Mum and Brother so either a triple room with three beds or an apartment with simialr is a must - I%26#39;m not sharing with either of them (!) and was trying to keep costs down by not having multiple rooms - any ideas on good hotels with triples or apartments?

I stayaed at the YMCA at central park last year but dont think I%26#39;d quite get away with there for my mum!

Thanks

Triple Rooms

It is impotant that you contact the hotel directy and get confirmation that the room has THREE beds. Most tripple rooms will have a queen (or full) and a twin bed, or 2 full beds.

American bed sizes:

TWIN (or Single) BED: 34'; x 75'; (99 X 191 cm)

DOUBLE (or Full) BED: 54'; X 75'; (137 X 191 cm)

QUEEN BED: 60'; X 80'; (162 X 203 cm)

You also might let us know your budget per night.

The end of November (after American Thanksgiving) is alwyas very busy, especially the weekends.

Triple Rooms

The Metro Hotel has a family suite that is 2 bedrooms connected. 1 bedroom has a king bed and the other has 2 doubles.

www.hotelmetronyc.com/default.aspx鈥?/a>

Other than that, to get 3 beds, your options are:

%26gt;a ';suite'; with 2 beds and a sofa bed OR

%26gt;a room with 2 beds and enough space for a roll away bed or

%26gt;a 2 bedroom suite or apartment with 1 or 2 beds in each of 2 bedrooms.

%26gt;a hotel with shared bathrooms where they have some single rooms that are affordable.


I have just booked the Courtyard Marriott midtown east for Nov22-26. They have rooms with 2 doubles and a sofa bed. The rate was very good and it gets great reviews on here. Cheers!


I also wanted a triple room when I stayed last month and found it very difficult. The best options were Hotel Metro and also the Hotel Wolcott. I finally opted for Hotel Edison and took a two room combo, which was one double bed in one room and two twin beds in a second room. Both rooms were entered by the one hotel room door, if you see what I mean. There was only one bathroom between us though. The location was superb. The reason I found it difficult was because some hotels couldn%26#39;t guarantee the bed types, stating that they were allocated on arrival. Meaning I might have ended up with a double, rather than two twins. Un Millenium stated this which I thought was shocking for such an allegedly higher class hotel. Have a great time.

  • database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment