Friday, April 27, 2012

So we went to Grimaldi's in AZ...

Last week we went to the one in Old Town Scottsdale. When we opened the door, we were hit with that familiar smell of pizza baking in a coal-fired oven. I could have sworn I was in NYC (well...maybe Hoboken since that was the Grimaldi%26#39;s we went to instead of Brooklyn). The decor was similar to the Hoboken one but the place was bigger. Plus we found out it was very child-friendly. The hostess let us leave the stroller by the door and the waitress brought the twins some pieces of dough to play with.





We started the meal with some antipasto which was excellent--high quality fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, salami, black olives and green olives. Then we had 2 pizzas--one plain cheese (for my husband and me) and one pepperoni and garlic (for my daughter and her SO). I have to say that the pizza is just like what we had in Hoboken. It had that coal-fired oven char and flavor. We all liked it. My daughter and her family want to go back for more! Even the twin that%26#39;s a picky eater liked it! And, yes, it will be hard to go back to eating what passes for pizza here in VA :-( !!



So we went to Grimaldi's in AZ...


Thanks SueFee now I%26#39;m hungry!



So we went to Grimaldi's in AZ...


Sue,





As always, enjoyed your post. Wife and I were actually discussing a return to Grimaldis Dallas just yesterday. Glad your experience in Az was good.





chipper






Interesting that this appears right above the post regarding cheap knock-offs.





I%26#39;m just sayin%26#39; is all...




Thanks, Chipper! You%26#39;re lucky to have one nearby. I wish they would open one here! And, mom, I%26#39;m getting hungry just thinking about it LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment