Thursday, April 26, 2012

To do late at night

I%26#39;m traveling to NYC in a couple weeks and me and a couple others decided not to book a hotel for the last night to save some money. We could just go to the airport super early - but if there are places still open I think we would rather stick around Manhattan. I will head out to the airport at around 7am. How late do places tend to stay open in the time square area??





Thanks!



To do late at night




There are always diners/coffee shops that are open all night. Bars an clubs stay open until 4 AM. The Port Authority Bus Terminal is kind of grim (though not as bad as it used to be), but it will provide protection from the elements. There are a few cafe-type places there; some of them are probably open 24/7.





The Staten Island Ferry is free, runs all night and takes an hour for the round-trip. It goes past Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, and offers some amazing views...Sunset is better, but depending on the weather, dawn can be pretty spectacular.



To do late at night


What will you do with your luggage? Drag it around with you? Leave it at your hotel? Do you think they%26#39;ll keep it overnight for free? I don%26#39;t.





This is a daft idea. If you want to save money, at least book a bed at a hostel for the night so you have a place to lock away your stuff and maybe take a nap for a few hours.





There are plenty of restaurants open all night. Go to menupages.com and look at the drop down features menu for open 24/7.




I guess I was hoping the hotel would hold stuff...but if not I know a lot of people who will be in NYC (it%26#39;s a conference), so I could probably leave my stuff in someone else%26#39;s room. Thanks for reminding me to think about that!





And thanks for all of the suggestions. I wasn%26#39;t sure since I live somewhere where the only 24 hour places are the grocery stores and Perkins!




Although I always feel perfectly safe in NY I would not be too happy %26#39;walking%26#39; around the city all night with no place to lie down for at least a few hours or to go if you get tired of walking. There are lots of places open 24 hours like cafes/some restaurants etc but you will surely need to sleep at some point in the early hours. As others have said I doubt the hotel will keep your luggage for that duration of time (sorry). If you don%26#39;t want to book a hotel for the last night, why not have a late dinner in the city, last bit of late night shopping and then head to the airport to have a sleep before your flight. You will be safe in the airport and will be nice and early for your flight!





I have just returned from NYC (this morning) and after a long day walking and sightseeing you will wan%26#39;t a hotel to go and rest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment