Friday, April 13, 2012

Taxi from airport

Hi All,





We arrive in New York in early April after 10 days in Florida. First visit so we%26#39;re all very excited.



We%26#39;re a family of four with two teenage boys.





We%26#39;re going to have 3 full size suitcases with us I expect - I would be grateful if someone could confirm that we %26amp; suitcases will all fit in to a yellow cab?! Sorry if it%26#39;s a silly question.





Thanks,





Simon



Taxi from airport


Hi Simon,



No not silly at all.



Yes you will all fit into a yellow cab. Unless it is a van one will have to sit in the front.



Be sure to exit the airport and follow the signs for the taxi stand and do not accept rides from anyone else offering them



Taxi from airport


Many thanks for the prompt %26amp; helpful reply.



This really is a tremendously helpful forum! I wish I%26#39;d discovered it sooner %26amp; not just a week before we go!




You%26#39;re welcome.



you have a week, ask away...




When you get in the line for the taxis, one of you could go up to the front and alert the dispatcher you%26#39;d probably need a minivan. ;)




Question about the taxis.





When we were in NY and got a taxi after our cruise, they made the 3 of us sit in the back seat with our carry ons. The trunk was full......





Anyways, the 3 of us were myself and my husband (6%26#39;2';) and ds (6%26#39;) We were jammed in the back while the front seat was left open.





We thought that perhaps they didn%26#39;t allow anyone or any luggage to be in the front with the driver.





Any thoughts???




I%26#39;ve been in a cab where a passenger or luggage has been in the front passenger seat. The seat has usually had to be cleared of lots of rubbish first mind you ;-) If I found myself in a situation where I felt squashed, I%26#39;d have no problem asking the driver to clear the passenger seat.




Thanks again to all for the helpful comments.



Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment