Friday, April 13, 2012

$193 - $250 for a theatre ticket??

I%26#39;d really like to see Cat on a Hot Tin Roof when I visit in April and, following good advice on here thought I%26#39;d go to a matinee showing and try and get tickets from the South Street Seaport discount booth.





However, I have no idea what is a reasonable/normal costs for tickets and thought I%26#39;d have a dig around the websites - that way i%26#39;d know that I was getting a discount - if you know what I mean.





Well I%26#39;m a bit shocked. For the Sunday and Saturday matinees there only seems to premium tickets left and they are $250 a pop.





Is that normal, or does it mean that i%26#39;m out of luck and normal priced tickets are really sold out? In this case is it worth me going to the ticket booth??





Help!!!



$193 - $250 for a theatre ticket??


It%26#39;s a limited engagement and has gotten good reviews. Regular prices are $61.50-$96.50





Only very popular shows (like Wicked and Jersey Boys) tend to have only premium seats available and $250 is quite hefty for a drama (vs a musical) Have a look on the link from here





http://www.cat2008onbroadway.com/buy.htm





Before I%26#39;d pay $250, I%26#39;d try www.applause-tickets.com or the sold out section on broadwaybox.com





(I would not count of TKTS booth)



$193 - $250 for a theatre ticket??


I suppose that you have looked on Ticket Master, which is where there are only premium tickets available, correct? This can happen, more tickets may be released, but its not necessarily likely. There is no point going to either of booth (known as TKTS) because its highly unlikely that it will be there.





If you really want to see the show your only option is to either buy the premium tickets or to check the second hand market (dealers and people who can%26#39;t go and have to sell their tickets). If your not buying from Ticket Master be careful who you buy from as you may be being ripped off.





Best of luck!




Tickets for Saturday or Sunday shows in April are going for $215-285 on stubhub.com, a website where you can buy/sell tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment