Wednesday, April 18, 2012

spamalot or chicago; dining at ';eatery';

We%26#39;d like to catch a show while we%26#39;re in town next month. My suggestion was Chicago, while DH would prefer Spamalot. His quibble with Chicago is ';I%26#39;ve already seen it'; (ie, the movie), but I feel that statement might be fairly applied to Spamalot as well. I%26#39;m willing to watch Spamalot for his sake, but I thought I%26#39;d check with you all first just to make sure the show is good.





Already am armed with websites for getting my discounts due to searching the forums, and I plan on ordering the tickets within the next couple of days.





We were thinking of booking at ';Eatery'; for our pre-theater dinner (will be a Friday). Any opinions of this place? I%26#39;ll take other recommendations as well, of course. We%26#39;d like to spend no more than $100 and we don%26#39;t like fish.



spamalot or chicago; dining at ';eatery';


Spamalot is very funny, but it%26#39;s true that a lot of the jokes are from %26#39;Holy Grail.%26#39; Have you seen Avenue Q? If your husband is interested in a comedy show, that%26#39;s the best one right now, I think.





The food at Eatery is pretty good, but it%26#39;s definitely a design restaurant--lots of concrete and people admiring it.



spamalot or chicago; dining at ';eatery';


I would choose Spamalot over Chicago - it%26#39;s Sooooo! funny.





I%26#39;ve dined at Eatery severasl times, good choice. Lively place; and you can get away under $100.00 without having fish.





Poppa




I always hate it when people feel like they%26#39;re being dragged to something they don%26#39;t really want to see (and paying good money for it!). What about you going to Chicago and he can go to Spamalot? You can usually get great single tickets. ;) Otherwise, I agree Ave Q is quite funny and it%26#39;s not been a movie. There%26#39;s also the new musical Cry Baby. So many good shows right now, it%26#39;s a shame to settle.




Well, Spamalot still sounds good to me (He wouldn%26#39;t be ';dragging'; me!). We actually tried to see it in London this summer but there were no txts available. Although I just noticed that the discounts I%26#39;ve found aren%26#39;t good for Fri. evening (the Chicago discounts were); I%26#39;m not sure hubby would be willing to spend $120/seat. I will take a look at Avenue Q, but it looks like I probably can%26#39;t get a discount for that show either.




I%26#39;m thinking perhaps we%26#39;ll chance it and go to the txts booth at south st seaport since it is relatively close to our hotel. Do they have any sort of signage telling people what is available or do you have to wait until you get up to the counter?




I%26#39;m not much of a Monty Python fan but I%26#39;ve seen Spamalot and thought it was absolutely hysterical. It was so entertaining that I went back and saw it again! In my opinion it%26#39;s much funnier than the movie it%26#39;s based on and the current cast is extremely talented.





Have fun!




I%26#39;ve seen Spamalot twice. It%26#39;s hilarious.




When TKTS opens they will post the names of the shows that are available outside on a big list. They will list them by Bway and off Bway. One of you can stand in line while the other goes to review the list. There is always a chance a show will come off the board as you standing there (i.e. the tickets available have all been sold). So it%26#39;s good to have a few choices in mind.




About half of Spamalot is from the movie. The rest is new stuff, although still very Python-esque.





I would think the real question would amount to, ';What would you prefer: A comedy with Musical numbers or a Musical Drama?';




this is very subjective, but since you asked for opinion...





I had to walk out of Chicago - hated it! And, it was with Bebe Neuwirth. They%26#39;d have to pay me 8x my hourly consulting fee to watch the movie - more if it goes over 2 hrs.





Loved Spamalot.


  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment