Monday, April 16, 2012

6 Columbus Hotel - Columbus Circle - New York City

Can anyone confirm if this hotel is 6 called Columbus or West Park has I am confused by the pictures on tripadvisor. Reviews are for



6 Columbus but if you click into the photos, they say West Park Hotel, so how is that.





I am searching for photos of the new 6 Columbus Hotel and reviews, so if anyone has any knowledge please let me know. Also, what is the average rate per night, has I can not find anywhere to enquire about prices. I can%26#39;t find a number nor a website address.





Cheers Guys!



6 Columbus Hotel - Columbus Circle - New York City




The hotel used to be called West Park, but it just reopened on October 1st as 6 Columbus (after a three year renovation by Jason Pomeranc). The website is www.sixcolumbus.com.



6 Columbus Hotel - Columbus Circle - New York City


Try ';Six Columbus'; on TA. The website is www.sixcolumbus.com. You%26#39;ll find www.quikbook.com rates much cheaper than the rates on the 6 Columbus site.





A friend just stayed there. The 2 things to keep in mind are that the hotel is not actually on Columbus Circle and the rooms are small, but she got a great rate in a great hotel.




catherp, how did your friend like the hotel????




Thanks Guys!





I really appreciate your replies and mystery solve! %26#39;West Park - Six Columbus%26#39;.





Thanks again for your info.




She liked it, although she didn%26#39;t gush as much about the hotel as she did about the area. At $250 a night, she thought it was good value, especially since it was cheaper than the Pod which is what she originally booked. She was surprised at the size of the room but very pleased with the bathroom (said it was larger than hers at home) and the other amenities.





She LOVED Columbus Circle. She picked up food at Whole Foods and then shopped in the center. This is a big step because she would only stay in the vicinity of the Waldorf before this stay.





She went from NY to Disney for a wedding and I haven%26#39;t been able to talk to her to get more details yet. My intent is to post a review for her.




I%26#39;m thinking of staying at the 6 Columbus in late April. I can%26#39;t decide if I should book a Pod room (at $145/night) or a King deluxe (at $300/night).





Anyone who have experience from these room types? Is it worth the extra cost to have a really nice room?





Please help me!




There are some options inbetween the pod (which is tiny) and the king deluxe, but maybe they%26#39;re not available for your dates. I guess it depends on how many you are (are you alone? a couple?) and how important space is to you. A frequent poster here cricri7 stayed in the pod room and here%26#39;s her trip report from that trip





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1644576鈥?/a>





I remember she said it was fine for 1 but would be really tight for 2. She recently stayed in a queen room and wrote a trip report last night





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1809593鈥?/a>





Hopefully she%26#39;ll see your post and be able to help.




Thank you for the quick reply. I know that there are other rooms as well, but I was thinking of either really cheap or really good. Though decision. We are a couple staying in the room so maybe the pod is to tiny.





What rate do you consider to be the best if you had to choose?




I just came back from the 6 Columbus for the second time, NYwhiz graciously put up my 2 reviews from my stay there. You are a couple and it depends on your age and what you are used to. I am an almost 40 year old woman and when I went to NY with my boyfriend, I stayed in a room with a king bed. I would not stay in the pod room at my age with a boyfriend, but many years ago I would have stayed in one because when you are yound you go out more and stay out later.





It all depends on the kind of trip you intend to take. My ex and me are 2 cocooning types, so we were in bed pretty early and early to rise the next day so we liked the extra space when we stayed at the Carlton. Even the queen room at the 6 Columbus is not really big but at least the bed is bigger than the pod room which has a standard double bed.





With all that said about the space, I loved both the rooms and the staff. Everyone is so nice and they are not to everyone, not just the hip young trendy kind....which I am not anymore...haha...Have a nice trip and be sure to come back and tell us about which room you chose and how you liked it!




I guess it will be the deluxe king in the end. The really cheap rates for Pod rooms are long gone. Would you consider $300 for a deluxe king a good rate?

No comments:

Post a Comment