Monday, April 23, 2012

Traveling Alone: Advise on what to do at night?

I%26#39;m going to New York alone for 5 days and I%26#39;ve a few things planned already to do during the day.





However, the only thing I%26#39;ve planned to do at night is to catch Lion King on Broadway.





Can anyone advise me on what there is to do at night for a loner like me?





Thanks in advance





P.S. I%26#39;m staying on the west side



Traveling Alone: Advise on what to do at night?


Have you read this thread of trip reports from solo travelers? Lots of good ideas there:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k474427-鈥?/a>



Traveling Alone: Advise on what to do at night?


After you peruse the FAQ when you get to NYC or on line check out Time Out NYC - for museums, galleries, other shows, comedy clubs, jazz clubs, sporting events and I see you%26#39;re from Dublin, NYC has its share of watering holes to bide ones time.



Perhaps you%26#39;ve heard the term ';the city that never sleeps'; well you%26#39;ll be in the thick of it, so enjoy.



Poppa




Movies and theater and music are all really easy to do on your own. In addition to Broadway, there are lots of interesting off Broadway shows that are a lot less expensive. Playbill.com will have a list of both and broadwaybox.com has discounts for many in the left hand column.





Many of the museums are open late (9 pm) on Fri and/or Sat. nights. Easy to eat dinner alone, esp. if you sit at the bar.




Thanks guys,



Just read the FAQ and got a few ideas. I also bought the TimeOut New York book and have some venues highlighted I want to visit.





Keep your suggestions coming.




I visited NYC for the first time solo, and I enjoyed spending time in Times Square late at night, shopping, taking photos, and people watching. Not sure when you are going, but one night I did the Circle Line Harbor Lights cruise, which I highly recommend. The Empire State Building is also open quite late, so you can go to the top and see the city at night.




I%26#39;ll be in NYC for 5 nights by myself in early May.





I%26#39;ve already got 2 nights sorted with a Yankees game and a ticket for Rent (full price but I want to see it before it finishes).





TOTR at sunset/night is another, otherwise I%26#39;m gonna keep my eyes and ears open and see whats on.




I had one day/night by myself in NYC while my husband was at a golf outing. After shopping all day, I booked a spa appt for around 6:30. A pedicure felt great after being on my feet all day!




Where are you staying on the UWS because I have restaurant suggestions depending on the location?




Hey sorry for butting in here but ELC101, you said you paid full price for a ticket for Rent as you wanted to see it before it closed - do you know when it%26#39;s closing? We are heading over in Oct. and that show was on my ';not to miss'; list - will I be too late?





Thanks



C




Rent is closing in New York on June 1, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment