Monday, April 23, 2012

JFK Hotel - Honeymoon

My fiance and I are getting married in NJ on a Saturday. We will spend Saturday night in the hotel with the rest of the guests. We leave very early on Monday morning for our honeymoon, so we%26#39;d like to spend Sunday night at a hotel by JFK. Being from NY, I%26#39;ve never actually had to stay at a hotel there before.





I%26#39;d like to hear some opinions as to what is the nicest hotel to stay in near there. At a quick glance I am considering the Crowne Plaza, but I know nothing about it. It%26#39;s sort of the first night of our honeymoon so I%26#39;d like it to be somewhat special.





Thanks in advance!



JFK Hotel - Honeymoon


There is NO nice hotel at JFK, period, end of story. This is a terrible idea. Stay in Manhattan. If you HAVE to stay at JFK, the Courtyard is acceptable but I repeat, there is NO honeymoon worthy hotel at JFK.



JFK Hotel - Honeymoon


Yuck. I was afraid of something like that. Our flight is at 10 a.m., and since it%26#39;s an international flight I%26#39;d like to be there by 8 a.m. ... if we stayed at home (Brooklyn) or in Manhattan, we%26#39;d have to get in a cab by 7:30 the latest, which means waking up at like 6:30 ... it%26#39;s totally doable but I%26#39;d rather stay closer to the airport, unless everything really is gross.




Not gross, just not that nice. A place to sleep for an early morning flight. What do you plan to do on Sunday? Where are you staying on Sat. night?




Saturday night is our wedding night, and we%26#39;re staying in NJ at the hotel where all of our guest are staying (we are getting married in NJ). Sunday I guess we%26#39;ll float around the hotel, visit with people, etc. It%26#39;s a holiday weekend so most people will still be around on Sunday. My thought was that eventually, sometime before dinner on Sunday, we%26#39;d make our way to a JFK airport hotel and settle in for the evening there. I know it%26#39;s stupid, but I just feel like going home for Sunday night will sort of break up the wedding-honeymoon feeling. Plus it will be a pain in the neck to get from NJ to Bay Ridge (where we live) and then from Bay Ridge to JFK. I%26#39;d rather just take one car service from NJ to JFK.




I absolutely understand not wanting to go home, but I%26#39;m telling you going to a JFK airport will break the mood even worse. There%26#39;s no place decent to eat there either. I think the nicest hotel nearish JFK might be the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. Some of the hotels near LGA are a bit better, but you%26#39;d still have to get up early if you stayed there, so I would either stay in Brooklyn or consider staying in one of the downtown/financial district hotels in Manhattan. You might get a good rate (esp. if it%26#39;s a holiday weekend) at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park. If not, the Marriott Financial Center or Embassy Suites. Is this Memorial day weekend? You could have a problem with Jones Beach traffic, but not if you left early.




If you stay in Bay Ridge, it%26#39;s about half an hour to JFK, right? Well, if you stay at the JFK hotel, you%26#39;ll still need 10-15 minutes to get to the terminal, so you%26#39;re really saving ~15-20 minutes. I%26#39;d rather stay home than in an airport hotel. I would stay in Bay Ridge, then have a nice limo for the ride to the airport in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment