Friday, April 13, 2012

Rudys Seafood

Anyone familiar with a Rudy%26#39;s Seafood.? Possibly in Brooklyn. I have heard they have some outrageous crab cakes.





Rudys Seafood


There are no %26#39;outrageous%26#39; crab cakes in New York. For those, you have to go to the DelMarVa area- Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. Unless you mean %26#39;overpriced and full of bread crumbs%26#39; crabcakes. New York is known for many things, but crabcakes are not a specialty here.





I googled %26#39;Rudy%26#39;s Seafood New York%26#39; and came up with a place on the South Shore of Long Island. query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html鈥?/a>





I%26#39;m not sure what it is you want to know, though.



Rudys Seafood


If I do a google search for Rudy%26#39;s Seafood I find a few in Texas (San Antonio and Austin) and one in Cliffside Park, NJ.




While I think there are some decent crab cakes in New York, it%26#39;s not the kind of thing that I%26#39;d make a special effort to seek out, particularly since you%26#39;re only going to be here for a short time. Instead, I%26#39;d go for something you can only get here--Carnegie Deli, say.




Decent, definitely. But outrageous? No. When I want crabcakes, I make them at home- but I go to MD several times a year just to buy crab meat.




The Rudys I know is a dive bar in Hells Kitchen. They have free hot dogs but no other food and it%26#39;s not the place where you would eat seafood anyway.





The best seafood in NYC, IMO, is Le Bernadin, but it%26#39;s not cheap. Also, really not a place for crab cakes. Go to Maryland for that.


  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment