Monday, April 23, 2012

electrical needs

Can anyone tell me what I will need to be able to use my camera battery charger in America. It says in the instructions that in America it must be connected to a 120v only. I thought that America was 110v. Help! I also carry a portable hard drive with me I assume this wont work either without help!



electrical needs


Don%26#39;t worry -120 or 110 are more or less the same so you will be fine.



Does the hard drive take power externally? If so, does the power supply it uses have any voltage info on it?



electrical needs


My hard drive has to be charged, it has an internal battery I assume. I use it to load my photos. On the fron of a large plug that it has are the words,



INPUT 100-240Vac~



50-60Hz,0.5A MAX



OUTPUT +12Vdc----1.5A



Will my camera charger be a bit slower?




That%26#39;s fine then - it will automatically detect the voltage when you plug in in the US. Have a good trip!




thanks maidstonenic for all your help




just be sure to bring (or buy) a converter for the plug.





not an electrical transformer - we have different outlets than you do.




Yes, no harm in reiterating that point. Thanks, evening. The converters are available at most high street stores and, of course, at the airports as well.





I%26#39;ve just bought step up and step down transformers at Amazon for those items I have which are only 110 or 240V.




I just brought my whole plug set to Southeast Asia, but thought, why do I need to schlep this big UK adaptor????





Every frigging outlet everywhere in Thailand, Laos and Siem Reap, Cambodia took a combo US/Asian flat AND round pin plug - except the FCC in Phnom Penh, which of course used the British outlet! It pays to bring the whole set....




One should always bring electrical outlet adapters when travelling to a country where different ones are used. However, if you forget to bring them or the wrong ones, most hotel will lend one to you.




Really thick girlie question but is a converter the same thing as an adapter plug? and what are the step up and step down converters for? My only worry is I wont be able to use my hair straighteners!!



Typical Girl!! LOL




I use my 240v hair straighteners in the 110v US electricty outlets they just don%26#39;t get as hot and when my hair looked a bit frizzy I wore a hat :-)


  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment