Monday, April 16, 2012

travel to La Guardia

I want to hang out in the city as late as 4:00 P.M. on a weekday. What can I expect for travel times by taxi from midtown to LaGuardia?



travel to La Guardia


I%26#39;d say 30-45 minutes.



travel to La Guardia


...but to be safe I would leave about an hour before you want to be there.




last week Monday, from 48th St/8th Ave. it took 30 minutes going the Triborough Bridge route leaving midtown at 3pm to get to LGA (domestic terminal). Not sure what it would have been had we taken the shorter, but more-traffic route....we came into town a different way, lots more traffic, shorter distance, but still took 30 minutes at noon on the Friday before.



So as the previous poster said, maybe allow 45 minutes, although 4pm is getting awful close to rush hour so you might want to leave a bit more comfort room....




I frequently drive past LaGuardia on my way home from work at 3:15PM, ---leave an hour. When I work late I drive by at anywhere from 5:15 to 6:30 By then I would say leave more than an hour. Traffic can be horrendous. (BTW the Triboro bridge is usually the route with the least traffic. Driving the midtown tunnel or the 59th Street bridge is going to be significantly worse. )




for 4pm departure from Manhattan I%26#39;d book a car service in advance, Taii cabs start getting acarce avound that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment