Monday, April 23, 2012

Roosevelt Hotel

My husband and I are planning a trip to NYC late summer and I found a good deal that includes hotel and air fare. The hotel is the Roosevelt hotel it is getting mix reviews. I feel funny asking this question with me coming from New Orleans but is the Roosevelt in a safe area?





Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Roosevelt Hotel


The Roosevelt is in a very safe area. It%26#39;s close to Grand Central and not far from Times Square - maybe a 10 minute walk.





I haven%26#39;t stayed there, but the staff I have encountered and their public areas are very nice (I always seem to need the restroom whenever I%26#39;m nearbY!).



Roosevelt Hotel


I stayed there last year. Very safe area, we walked to many places from there and it was February.



The hotel was fine. I am not by any means an expert on NY at all, so maybe the others can help you get a better idea of the location in regards to where you want to be etc.




One reason for mixed reviews is lots of difference in rooms (which often happens in older hotels) and big difference in prices paid (it%26#39;s a Priceline hotel and it%26#39;s often included in packages) which sets up different expectations. If you pay $150/night and it%26#39;s ';nice'; you think it%26#39;s great. If you pay $295/night and expect great, you might be disappointed. (this is my theory, anyway ;)



Area is safe and convenient. Before you book though, make sure you can%26#39;t do better buying air and hotel (with more options open to you)separately. Go to kayak.com for airfare and check there and quikbook for hotels. Make sure to get non-stop flights. ;)




Very well put NY Whiz. I got the Roosevelt for free so for me it was fine. It really depends on how much you can get it for. The 1st room I got smelld really bad of smoke even though it was a non-smoking floor, so once I asked them for a new room it was fine. The staff is very friendly and helpful as well.




I would say the entire NYC area is much safer than New Orleans.



The Roosevelt, as mentioned is a good hotel, reviews are jus tone persons opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt, you should be OK.



Have fun.



Poppa




\hi





I have stayed at the Roosevelt and had a lovely stay, hotel and staff were excellent and the location superb... i dont feel any area unsafe, same in any city.. just keep your wits about you.. have a great trip




My husband and I stayed at The Roosevelt in 2004 and again in December 2007. Both times we really enjoyed our stay there. Reasonably sized, clean, comfortable rooms - great location and an ideal base. We%26#39;d definately recommend it.




Here is a travel agent%26#39;s perspective on the Roosevelt. We have negotiated rates with a few properties in NYC. Some of our travelers say they hate the Roosevelt and refuse to stay there, others say it is fine. I had to see for myself. I was there in February and I can tell you by my Modest Midwest standard, I thought the hotel was fabulous. Yes, it is older, but that is part of it%26#39;s charm. The lobby is just grand. My room was not gigantic, but it was big enough, it was clean and the bed was heavenly to sleep in. The bathroom was adequate and they had bath and body toiletries. The tv was a regular tv, not the flat screen that everyone wants and that does make a difference when you walk in the room, but they are in the process of adding flat screens to all of the rooms. The breakfast spread in the morning is just fabulous. Made to order omeletes, every kind of fruit, cereals, pastries, sides, juices, all set out in a very elegant manner. NOT at all like regular buffet style breakfasts.





I would recommend the Roosevelt to anybody, but I do have to keep in mind that when people can afford an 800 per night hotel room, of course they are going to turn their nose up at an older hotel. I on the other hand am used to Hampton Inns and Sheratons, because that is all I normally can afford, so the Roosevelt was like a Palace to me. Now, I have stayed at the NY Palace and while it was nicer than the Roosevelt there weren%26#39;t a whole lot of differences. More modern luxuries and a bit more updated. Otherwise, I like them both. As far as location, it is right in midtown and a very safe neighborhood. I was alone and didn%26#39;t hesitate to walk around by myself.


  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment