Monday, April 23, 2012

Another steak question - BLT or Strip House

Hi ya, could some of you regular meat eaters tell me whether I should go to BLT Steak or Strip House - the prices are roughly the same but not sure which one has better quality and nicer decor of the place to bring my wife- mid 30%26#39;s. Not too formal/excutive settings you know what I mean. We are staying near Penn Station. Secondly, we regards to the meat I%26#39;m not sure whether to try a NY Strip or share a Porterhouse for 2 with my wife - whats the better value and taste??. Take note that we do not have a hugh appitite so will probably pass on starters. Steak is getting more expensive so choosing the right one is paramount (don%26#39;t get me started on chossing wine,please)











Thank you all



Another steak question - BLT or Strip House


I love BLT Steak but was just talking to my boss (who gets around) about places to entertain a client who only eats steak - and Strip House was the first place he suggested.





Landmarc is a more ';economical'; steak house



Another steak question - BLT or Strip House


AAHHH the weekly steak house question!



I would say BLT is the one to go with. Very nice place but not too stuffy. Fantastic service as well.



The two steaks you mention are one in the same. The Porterhouse has the strip on one side (very juicy and flavorful) and the other side is the very tender Filet. This may be the better choice for you as you could give the filet to your wife and you could enjoy the Strip...of course you would sample both.



Most steak houses are ala carte so you would be ordering as much or as little as you like.



For me, I usually have just a steak (Porterhouse) and some asparagus or broccoli if available.



Wine I always go with either a good hearty Cabernet or a nice, peppery Zinfandel. Can%26#39;t go wrong with either of these great domestic wines.




Mike, I think I might have said this on the NYS forum, but I think that foodwise you can%26#39;t go wrong at either place. I would choose Strip House because I find the atmosphere at BLT Steak to be a little boring and corporate--though certainly nice--but you%26#39;ll eat well either way.




Thanks Keenan and Crans for you input. I may end up at the Strip for the steak and try a burger at BLT Burger on another day.




My vote goes to Strip Houae as well. The strip steak is kind of their speciality, but I%26#39;ve never had a bad steak there. I think your wife will like the decor; it%26#39;s certainly not too formal, but it isn%26#39;t all dark wood, either, like some steak houses.



If you order only one starter, it has to be the creamed spinach. But don%26#39;t order the chocolate cake unless you have a wheelbarrow to cart it back to your hotel. It%26#39;s very good, but it can easily feed four.




Rocco, that strikes me as all the more reason to order the cake! You have to dream big, my friend!




Crans, it is huge, and expensive! I think one piece goes for $16, costly even for steakhouse prices. I was at Strip House once, and the owner, who was definitely in his cups, came up and started talking to me about an overdue house account. I don%26#39;t have a house account at any restaurant, much less one a thousand miles from home, so I didn%26#39;t have a clue as to what the man was talking about. The manager came over and whisked him away to someone else, then came back to our table, apologized profusely, and said he would comp us a slab of chocolate cake. Knowing we wouldn%26#39;t be able to finish it, we said that wasn%26#39;t necessary, but he insisted. As our server brought it to the table, the booth next to us simply stared in disbelief. I mean, it is big! It is also very good, and what is left over makes a great breakfast. You just get tennis elbow carrying it back to your hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment