Monday, April 16, 2012

American Airlines

has anyone flown to NYC with AA from England. The times with BA were terrible so have opted for AA instead. what are they like?



American Airlines


We will be doing this later this month. You don%26#39;t mention when you are travelling but if it%26#39;s after Nov 30th I can report back.





It%26#39;s awhile since we last flew with American Airlines so are hoping for the best...I%26#39;ll be interested to see if you get any other responses here.



American Airlines


Hi Lisa





Hubby and I flew with them last month, couldn%26#39;t of been happier, comfy seats, good food, good in-flight entertainment (with your own mini screen!), friendly cabin crew and most of all big smooth flying planes!





Have a great time!




I have flown both, and while was happy with AA (they are my main carrier), I like BA better.




In general I prefer them. I have used them my last two trips to the US having previously flown BA and Virgin. I try not to fly BA as they are a nightmare and have had numerous problems with them in the past.





AA normally fly 777 aircraft which are slightly smaller than 747s and have 2-4-2 configurations in ecomomy.





The leg room is significantly better than BA or Virgin and certainly makes a difference.



Food is adequate in line with most other major carriers. Bear in mind that alcoholic drinks cost $5 each (these are free on most other carriers).



Entertainment is not as good. I have only experienced the older scheduled movie system on AA where other carriers often have movies that you can pause/rewind and start at your convenience. Also there are only 4 or 5 movies to choose from and a few other lifestyle choices.



In general though, I%26#39;ve found them to be efficient with few delays and no other problems.




Having flown with BA and Virgin a lot of late I%26#39;m happy to hear about the extra leg room!




may seem a stupid question but are the headphones supplied or do you have to buy them?




I found Continental had good leg room (this is important to me and Hubby at 5ft 10 and 6ft 3). Virgin were a nightmare on the airbus - don%26#39;t sit by the window as there is the entertainment box taking up half of the foot well!




Not a stupid question as I did hear that AA charged for headphones on internal flights (not sure if that is still the case).





I can confirm the headphones are free between the UK and US though.




I am traveling with AA the opposite route (JFK to LHR) and am using AA. I normally use AA for all of my long flights. They usually have much better service than most airlines. You do have to pay for headphones in the US, but not internationally. If you have your own headphones - you can use them. My iPod ones work fine. Also, you usually don%26#39;t have to pay for food internationally.





Also, the extra legroom that AA has is a huge plus (even though I am pretty short). I never feel the person behind me knocking their knees into my seat, which is a plus for me when I am trying to sleep.




thanks guys that%26#39;s a big help!

No comments:

Post a Comment