Monday, April 23, 2012

Hair straightners A question for the Girls!!

Typical Girlie question I need to make sure my hair straightners work or buy some when I get to New York. If I am buying them where do I get them from that is close to New York Palace? I have an adapter plug but I keep reding about converters but when I have asked a few retailers they either don%26#39;t know what I mean or say the ones they have will blow if used with hair straightners or hair dryers. Please Help !!!!



Hair straightners A question for the Girls!!


Using straighteners that are made for a 240v electricty supply on the US 110v electricty supply is not a problem - as I said earlier it just means they don%26#39;t get as hot and it takes you a bit longer to do your hair. Not sure about the effect on a hairdryer, but I%26#39;ve bought a travel one that can work on either type of supply - there%26#39;s just a little switch on teh back you move depending on where you are in the world. Well worth the investment.



Hair straightners A question for the Girls!!


I have GHD%26#39;s and they worked fine in new york, they took a little longer to heat up and a bit more patience was required when styling but other than that i had no problems



Amanda




There is no harm to running 220V appliances at 115V, but you will do harm running 115V appliances at 220V without a voltage converter.




I used my Windles out there fine last week. I didn%26#39;t even think about voltage difference ..they heated up in their usual 5-10 secs like they usually do.




Hi, just got back. I took GHD%26#39;s and they didn%26#39;t work!



The adaptor definitely worked as other things (phone charger, hair dryer) worked... Didn%26#39;t know you could get a convertor




Yours is quite a popular question. If you put ';GHD'; in the search box, you%26#39;ll get plenty of great past threads and advice. You can sort by date, if you choose.




GHDs will be fine if you have the new ones they are multi vlotage so adapt to anywhere in the world. I took mine to florida and they heated up in 3 seconds and were exactly the same as home,, good investment even if you have the older ghds!




My wifes GHD%26#39;s did not work, she ended up buying a cheap pair from Walgreens. They were rubbish but got her through the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment