Friday, April 27, 2012

Is there a Broadway show as good as Les Miserable?

Reason I ask is that my guy had never been to a show before he saw Les Mis. He did not want to go and I took him kicking and screaming quite a few years ago. After seeing it he was totally blown away and hooked for life on this musical with its unforgettable music, great story and heart and soul.





So now we are going to NY and I will be wanting to see a show of course. We%26#39;ve seen Billy Elliot, Phantom, Fiddler on the Roof, The Lion King and Mama Mia here in Sydney but nothing compares to LM.





So - is there a show that would match Les Mis?





Is there a Broadway show as good as Les Miserable?


It depends on your taste. I don%26#39;t like Andrew Lloyd Webber, so Les Miserables wouldn%26#39;t have impressed me.





You could go see Hairspray. Cry-Baby will be opening shortly. Or, if you like lots of scenery, drama, and singing- why not just go to New York Cty Opera? Webber cribbed his style after Verdi and Puccini anyway, so why not see the real thing, and save money in the bargain?



Is there a Broadway show as good as Les Miserable?


i live in new york and i take my 16 year old and 13 year old to see alot of broadway shows. les mis is our all time favorite and to us nothing will ever compare however wicked is amazing and i think you will be blown away good luck trying to get tickets! also, jersey boys was awesome and spamalot is hysterically funny if you like the monty python humor and the show was marvelous with children see wicked my guy too hates broadway and loved jersey boys he even bought the cd on the way out of the theatre! i hope this helps have a nice trip!






Yes, I was wondering about Wicked. It has mostly got excellent reviews here on TA. I was also thinking of Spamalot. As we will be travelling with 3 other couples a good laugh might be the way to go rather than heart and soul.





I have heard about the Jersey Boys but I haven%26#39;t looked into that one yet.




I notice you%26#39;re in Sydney and I don%26#39;t know whether you get to Melbourne much but Spamalot is currently playing here (closing soon I hear), whilst Wicked opens in July (got my tickets!!) and Jersey Boys is coming here next year......





This visit to NY I want to relive old memories so I%26#39;m hoping A Chorus Line is still running in Dec/Jan. Anybody know if it is??? I%26#39;d already brought tickets for Jersey Boys before I found out it was coming to Melbourne but I think seeing the original on Broadway will be better.





Les Mis is my ALLTIME favourite show too. Saw it about 6 times when it was in Melbourne




Dear NYHWC





Yes I googled this morning and the Melbourne webpage came up. How come you guys always get the shows first!:) (apart from BillyElliot).





Looks like we will have to see Spamalot here in Oz and maybe Wicked in Oz? (ha! couldn%26#39;t help myself) if that%26#39;s not in NY next year.





Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment